We are especially interested in making all our patients feel right at home! We put your needs first to achieve efficient and comprehensive treatment. Our staff is trained and skilled, and we strive to provide energetic and fun-loving service to each patient. With years of experience in treating patients with the highest level of care, we take pride in our attention to detail and ability to put people at ease. We stay abreast of the latest in technological advances by regularly attending continuing education courses and seminars.
- Evonne started working with us in April of 1991. She is very sweet and is a spectacular, detail oriented dental hygienist. Evonne will get your teeth the cleanest they have ever been!!! Originally from Nashville, Tennessee, Evonne graduated from Dental Hygiene at TSU and Meharry. She and her husband Rod enjoy lots of outdoor activities, and have been known to put some serious miles on their tandem bicycle. They have a soft spot in their hearts for their 4 dogs who are their babies. Something you may not know about Evonne is that she has the longest commute to work of anyone and the most trecherous driveway…yet somehow rarely misses a day of work, even during the winter!
- Miren has been our dental hygienist since May 2007. Originally from the Phillipines, Miren eventually landed herself in Charlotte, NC at Central Peidmont Community College to study dental hygiene. She has a gentle hand and is very thorough! If Miren isn’t at work, she is usually taking cooking classes or teaching Zumba and Pilates at a local gym. She loves anything to do with food…eating it, making it, and talking about it…so be sure to bring her a treat next time you come if you want special treatment.
- Donna has been working as a dental assistant with Dr. Gottfried since February 14, 1985. She is a bit of an office “celebrity” of sorts. She has a rather large fan base here at our office due to her ability to put patients at ease and remember every detail about their lives including their names, kids names, pets names, and what the weather was last time they were here. Donna grew up in Asheville. She graduated from Erwin Highschool. She and her husband have 17 children which consist of 5 dogs, 5 cats, and 7 birds. Donna has been single handedly keeping the vet in business for many years and has been known to trap stray cats to have them fixed. As if that weren’t enough, she also feeds a family of groundhogs and crows. If you haven’t met Donna yet, you will!
- Lisa has been our office’s Certified Dental Radiologist since May of 2003. She works as the hygiene assistant and takes x-rays as needed. A Leicester native, Lisa graduated from Erwin Highschool in 1987. If she’s not watching TV with her dog Chloe, Lisa is out hiking, gardening, swimming, or spending time with her son. Lisa is one of the funniest people at our office. She is quick to tell you a funny story that will have you rolling on the floor laughing. We think that her positive attitude during times of adversity is what helped Lisa become the Breast Cancer Survivor that she is today!
- Andy joined our team as a dental assistant in July of 2011. Originally from Glasgow, Kentucky, he received his BS in Biology at University of Kentucky, Lexington. Andy and his wife Amanda moved to Tuscan Arizona where she could get her doctorate in Rhetoric and Composition. Andy, being the “jack of all trades” that he is, decided to get some experience in the dental field while applying to dental schools. When his wife got the opportunity to teach at UNCA, they quickly packed up their bags, their little boy Turner, and their pet Turtle Finx excited for the opportunity. They are also quite happy to move closer to their family in Kentucky! We are so happy to have him as part of our office!
- All we can say is that it has been a sheer JOY to have Serena be part of our office family! We hired her because she was so nice, had some dental experience, and seemed like she would be a great fit. The only thing we were worried about was that she may be a little shy to hang with this wild group. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! Serena may be the funniest person we have ever met and is excellent at making people feel welcome and at ease. We have been blessed to have her be part of our dental team! She moved here from Florida a few years ago has two lovely teenagers who keep her life exciting and never allows for a dull day.
- Wendy has been working in our front office since 1996. She grew up in Asheville, and graduated from Erwin high school. If you don’t know Wendy from cruising Patton Ave back in the day, you may know her from our office since she pretty much talks to everyone who comes in. She and her husband Andy have two precious dogs, Hershey and Aimee, who rule the roost at home. Wendy is an avid reader and can FLY through some books! She reads during her lunch break, and in the evenings at home. Twilight is her favorite series of books, which has spurred her latest crush to be on Edward. (side note: we are happy to have a change from Nicky Hayden and Dr. Phil for a while)
- Joy has been working in the front office since January of 2009. We feel really lucky to have Joy on our team seeing that she has experience doing everything from dental assisting to insurance claims! She grew up surfing in Coconut Grove, FL and somehow ended up all the way in North Carolina to finish up highschool at Tuscola and then go on to Mars Hill College. She has lived in North Carolina for 33 years! After successfully raising their two boys, she and her husband Gene have been given the gift of 2 beautiful grandchildren who live way too far away! Much to her dismay, she routinely “HAS” to go to the beach to get to see their sweet faces. If Joy’s not at work or playing with her grandchildren she is at the gym working out or plotting which recipe to use for her next amazing meal!